Skip to main content

A bit off my game lately...Understandably...


The following events have occurred in the last few weeks:

When the recipe called for vanilla I threw in soy sauce. Bottle looked the same.

Unfortunate.

I headed downstairs in my skivvies in the middle of the night with a bit of a hurty tummy. Failed to properly close the blinds and I didn't want to turn on any lights revealing more than entirely warranted or necessary to the neighbors. Reached into the medicine cabinet for the pepto. Opened the top, took a big gulp. It was paint. Bottles felt the same.

Unexpected.


I sprayed my body with hair spray. And yes, perfume in the hair. Bottles do not look the same.

Unnecessary.

After a quick trip to the dr. (first time in 2 plus years, holla!) I needed to pee in a plastic cup. Thought it would "fit" better if I squeezed the cup a bit. After my business, I unsqueezed the cup and got. a. suprising. splash. of. my. urine. on. my. face.

Uncalled for.

Hoping to get all underlying medical issues settled this week so I can escape this fog.

Comments

heidiram said…
I am so glad you finally went to the doctor. Let me know what's up.
Anonymous said…
I am obsessed with this post!!!
Melanie said…
Oh my goodness...seriously...that's nuts!...and funny too....and so sad! I've missed you blogging.
Emily said…
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Hope that it is a quick discovery of what is up, and so you can return to normalcy!
Tiffany Wilson said…
I think maybe your sickness is that one where you get weird urges to eat laundry detergent, potpourri, or in your case paint & urine. Medical mystery solved. You're welcome.
ashli said…
the best part about this post is that you manage to make it seem okay, hilarious and so totally normal! so sorry that you are in a fog but i hope the dr. was able to diagnose your dilemma....we need you on your game so we can continue to come here for the laughs you provide.
hang in there!
Kimberly said…
Umm, kind of nasty all around. Hope you are doing better soon!
Yoli said…
Hope you start feeling better so you don't have any more unfortunate, unexpected, unnecessary and uncalled for incidents.
um one word for you.... Funny!!!
Ashley Clark said…
That is a nasty sequence of events. I think we are all wondering the same thing. Might there be a baby in your tummy that's confusing your brain?
Jessica said…
Holy hilarious Batman.

I totally understand the Not Commenting, but it's posts like this that make me realize how much wit we miss out on because you don't.

Not off your funny game, that's for sure.
MissLed said…
Oh Heather! I just love you. You crack me up - even when you're not feeling well.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I totally rule: How I rediscovered my chi

(In order to fully appreciate this post, you MUST put on the background music. Just click the play from youtube. This has potential to be a longagong post so you might as well enjoy some tunes. I did most of my training with these gentleman blasting in my ear. Vampire Weekend, I love you.) Here's the story with the gory details. Why do you tri? On October 18, 2004 I delivered a 16 week old boy in the same room of the American Fork hospital that I lost one six months earlier. (I get pregnant really easily.) The previous week I had seen the doctor and everything was looking good and right on track so yay for me. While the first one was devastating (a whole other post for a whole other day), it was number 2 that changed me. I was so angry at my body for betraying me and not letting me do what I wanted it to do. I figured I was doing all the "right things" with the taking care of myself so therefore, I would be able to carry the babies to term and everyone would live happily ...

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord, but Primary?!

Brad took the picture of me teaching GD a year ago. I was not pleased. No pictures. Brad took this picture of Max while I was teaching GD a month ago. I was pleased. Pictures of Max are fine by me. Some important thoughts on my new calling: In the 21 years since I have been in Primary as a merrie miss (apparently they are not called that anymore), I have subbed a handfull of times. It was not a success. One time, while subbing for Brad I went into the class and the boys had escaped out the window. All I saw were a set of feet as the kid was leaping out. Another time, while subbing for Brad I used the tie some kid was using and irritating everyone around him with and TIED HIM TO THE CHAIR. Another time, while subbing, the kid sliced his finger on the chair (not the same kid and he was not trying to escape my tying him up.) and ended up in the ER. (and it so happens that his mom is my 2nd counselor. I think that's funny.) I really really really loved teaching Gospel Doctrine. I hope ...

Max selfies at church

I am not sure if he is showing off his new tie he got for Christmas? He is a handsome little guy!